BBIS is happy to announce the renovation of the school’s ‘house 5’ is completed. This essential project allows us to continue welcoming more students to our school and at the same time provide modern, state-of-the-art learning spaces for our community.
BBIS students and team alike are counting down the days until the doors open to our brand-new school building. ‘House 5’ will be the new home for our Secondary School students and will enable sustainable high-level school usage.
What improvement works have been done?
- BBIS facilitated a complete modernisation, reconstruction and energetic renovation of the historically protected ‘House 5’ with barrier-free and modern indoor and outdoor learning spaces for the secondary school
- A learning hub, library, media centre and common room with direct access to the outdoor area with amphitheatre seating
- 6 state-of-the-art science labs plus several preparation rooms
- Modern Learning Spaces and offices
- Classrooms are set-up with the latest teaching equipment and technology to efficiently conduct classes
- The outdoor area includes a multi-purpose sports field, seating areas and event spaces for our Day and Boarding School students
- The architects created an inclusive design which guarantees complete accessibility to and throughout the school building
- The roof was elevated to allow for more learning space
- Façade renovation, complete building insulation, LED lighting and new windows to assure energy efficiency
- Modern building automation and infrastructure
- Solar energy panels were added to the roof to generate clean energy for the school
The opening of the newly renovated House 5 is another major milestone in the school’s 30-year history. We thank the BBIS community and our partners for their ongoing support and hard work.
Our continuous investment in upgrading the school buildings and campus supports our students on their path to excel, enabling them to fulfil both their individual and collective potentials.