Main School Holidays in the USA:
In the United States, there are typically 180 school days in a year, although private schools tend to have classes for 170 days each year.
- Thanksgiving Holiday: Usually celebrated during the 4th Thursday of November, Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, is usually a holiday too.
- Christmas Break: Christmas Eve and December 23rd are holidays in most schools, usually, this break lasts until January 1st New Year’s Day).
- Fall Break: Usually a week or two in September or October, Fall break is not taken in all parts of the country.
- Winter Break: Winter break is usually a week in February or March which includes President’s Day.
- Spring Break: Spring break falls a week in March or April which includes Easter holidays.
- Summer Break: Summer break is a 10–11 weeks holidays, usually from May to August or from June to Mid-August. Summer break dates vary depending on the region and state.
- Other holidays: Religious holidays such as Good Friday, Jewish holidays, and Islamic holidays are also observed in some schools. Independence Day: The USA Independence Day is celebrated on the 4th of July to commemorate the Independence of the USA from England (July 4, 1776). Labor Day: Labor Day is celebrated on September 3rd and it commemorates the achievements of the American Labour Movement.
Would you like to know more about bank holidays in the USA? Have a look of our calendar below
Holidays in the USA in 2019
|01 Jan||New Year’s Day|
|21 Jan||Martin Luther King Jr. Day|
|18 Feb||Presidents’ Day|
|16 Apr||Emancipation Day|
|12 May||Mother’s Day|
|27 May||Memorial Day|
|16 Jun||Father’s Day|
|04 Jul||Independence Day|
|02 Sep||Labor Day|
|14 Oct||Columbus Day|
|11 Nov||Veterans Day|
|29 Nov||Day after Thanksgiving|
|25 Dec||Christmas Day|