Find your primary school
Top unique primary schools worldwide
primary schools for every style
Popular curricula for 06-12 yo
Other great primary schools worldwide
All about primary schools
A primary school or elementary school is a school for primary education of children who are 5-6 to 11-12 years of age. Primary education at primary school or elementary school, and sometimes in the early years of middle school. Primary schooling follows pre-school and precedes secondary schooling.
What are primary schools?
Primary school, also known as elementary school, is a term used to describe educational institutions which provide instruction for students aged between 5 and 11. It typically preceded by nursery or kindergarten and serves as the first stage of compulsory education.
It typically includes a curriculum of academic subjects such as reading, writing, mathematics and science.
The Benefits of attending primary schools
Attending a private primary school can offer many benefits, including:
- Smaller class sizes, leading to increased individual attention from teachers
- An enriched curriculum, often with added extracurricular activities such as music and art
- Highly qualified teachers with up-to-date knowledge in their subject areas
- Access to the latest educational technology and active learning techniques
- A more structured and supportive environment which promotes personal development