The American School of Barcelona (ASB) is a private, non-profit, coeducational day school serving students from 3-18 years old in the greater Barcelona metropolitan area. ASB offers a university preparatory curriculum which provides its graduates access to American, Spanish and international universities.
• is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA) and the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO)
• is recognized in Spain as a Centro Extranjero (foreign school) by the Generalitat de Catalunya and the Spanish Ministry of Education – receives a grant from the US Department of State’s Office of Overseas Schools
• belongs to the Mediterranean Association of International Schools (MAIS) and European Council of International Schools(ECIS) regional associations
• participates in the European Sports Conference (ESC), a regional sports league made up of schools from around the region
• is member of Barcelona International Schools Association (BISA)
Our mission is to empower pre-school through 12th grade students to become global citizens with the critical thinking skills and the self-confidence to maximize their potential.
The American School of Barcelona seeks to continuously improve through innovation. Our aim is to become recognized as the most desirable international school in Europe for students, teachers and parents.
ASB Core values
Child centered, Caring, Ambitious, Innovative, and Rigorous.
• Continuously improve through innovation.
• Create responsible global citizens.
• Develop independent and critical thinking students.
• Provide a caring environment that gives students the self-confidence to maximize their potential.
• Educate for diversity.
International Baccalaureate, American, Others
ASB offers an After-School Activities Program for students from PK3 through grade 12. The purpose of the activities is to enhance the school’s core educational program and support the overall mission of ASB. Activities that promote respect, cooperation, and teamwork among diverse groups of students are emphasized. We have activities like Chess, Drama, Robotics, Teddy Tennis, Music classes, Taekwondo, Soccer, Basketball etc.