The 2021-2022 topic: ‘Sustainability’
What is the scholarship?
This year Greene’s is pleased to announce a new competitive scholarship on the subject of ‘Sustainability’. This scholarship offers a 30% reduction on full tuition fees for a three-subject A level course. The scholarship is available to students who will commence their full-time studies at Greene’s in the academic year 2022 – 2023.
Unlike our general academic scholarships, this scholarship recognises outstanding achievement within the sphere of climate change mitigation – whether it be renewable energy, urban design, fashion, economics, business, health & nutrition, forestry, law, politics, media or any other relevant field – over and above any other academic requirement.
How do I apply?
Step 1: Step 1: Completion of online application and Personal Statement. Extended deadline: March 3rd 2022 no later than 11:59 a.m. Please click on the link at the bottom of this page.
Step 2: You must submit an essay, or video, on how you are making a positive impact in your community by leading on sustainability.
Submissions must be in English and submitted in Microsoft Word and PDF format. The essay must be between 1000 and 2000 words.
If you submit a video, specifications include:
- Video length must be a maximum of 3 minutes;
- File type: MOV, MP4, OGG or WEBM;
- Style or form: Videos could be in any style or form (e.g., a short film, animation, documentary or any combination);
You do not have to appear on screen in the video yourself, and you may also submit your video as part of a group, so your friends and family can be involved. We are not looking for filmmaking or acting skills, but instead how you approach the question and what your ambitions to lead on sustainability are.
Winners will be announced by March 5th 2022.
Terms & Conditions
- Students taking part in the competitive scholarship must be between 15 and 18 years old at the time of application. If you are under 18, you must obtain consent from your parent or guardian before applying;
- The scholarship is not open to current students receiving full-time tuition at Greene’s;
- The A level course may not be online;
- The deadline to submit an essay is 3рд March at 11:59 a.m. All applications received after the closing date will not be considered;
- The scholarship will cover 30% of the full cost of tuition fees ,and is awarded each year for up to a maximum of two years. The scholarship covers tuition fees, based on a three subject A level course, thus excludes examination fees, and any additional supplements or courses (e.g. Science Practicals, EPQs etc);
- The regular application process for scholarships at Greene’s still applies; that is:
Interview – face-to-face or online with a member of our senior leadership team (this may also include short written or oral tests)
- Taking up previous reports and references from your previous school.
- Scholarship winners will be announced by 5th March 2022, and finalists will be given a special acknowledgment on Greene’s social media feeds and on the website.
- Greene’s is unable to consider requests for increased and/or further funding. The amount of scholarship offered is non-negotiable;
- Greene’s reserves the right to vary any scholarship awards, discounts and regulations at its sole discretion;
- Greene’s decision regarding the finalists of the scholarship is final, and no further correspondence shall be entered into;
- Greene’s reserves the right not to award a scholarship for non‐compliance with the terms of the award.
- Removal of a scholarship: please note there are circumstances when we may remove the scholarship immediately. Removal may be in the event that: you withdraw from your course of study; you are expelled, suspended or excluded; we are of the reasonable opinion that you have acted dishonestly in connection with securing your scholarship.
- In the event of a period of interruption to your studies, including illness, any payments will be suspended until you return and progress to the next stage of your course.
- If at any stage you decide to defer entry onto the course until the following year, then you will no longer be eligible for a scholarship. You may apply again the following year, but an award cannot be guaranteed and you will be subject to the eligibility of whatever scholarship scheme operates in that year of entry.
Marketing and Promotion: You may be required to make yourself available at reasonable notice for any publicity and marketing campaigns which we may want to run in connection with our scholarship schemes, which may include but not be limited to public appearances, speeches, photographs, blogging and/tweeting or interviews.
Payment of your scholarship
Your scholarship will be credited to your account termly; September, December and March, in years 1 & 2 of your course.
If you have any questions please e-mail email@example.com